I love a welcoming front porch, don’t you? I love when you are on a walk or driving through your neighborhood and see a gorgeous and welcoming front porch. I know that it can be very overwhelming when you are looking at all of the home decor stores and even Pintrest.
My hope is to give you some simple tips and tricks for decorating your front porch. I have linked some of the items that I have used or are similar to the items that I do have. Holiday decor is typically collected through out the years and are also purchased at places like Hobby Lobby and Home Goods. I can’t link those places BUT good news is that similar items are released and available year round!
If you are interested in decorating together, grab these items below and I will do a walk through of how to put it together! As always reach out if you have questions too, I love to give personal tips. Decorating should be fun and a reflection of you!
Here are some tips:
- Make sure you choose a directions. Is it traditional fall? Great, lets grab garland, wreaths, pumpkins and straw bales! Want a modern look? Go very simple, add some modern lanterns and some simple looking pumpkins. Figure out what you like!
- I like to purchase things in “odd” numbers. If I am buying pumpkins, I would buy 3, 5, 7, 9… this helps for you to create groupings that look balanced.
- Purchase items in different sizes. Make sure you have tall, small, wide… etc.
- Create levels! Straw bales, baskets and crates are a great option!
- Add in different textures. Wood, natural (straw, baskets), metal, plants, etc.
- Its ok to add in faux plants and pumpkins! I have found some AMAZING faux plants and fall items. Mix these in with real items to liven it up!
Traditional Front Door Styles