Chicken Noodle Soup is so comforting! I love it on a cold day or if we are feeling a little under the weather. It can be under rated, but oh so yummy! Here is a very simple chicken noodle soup.
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (Cooked and shredded, see below)
4 Large Carrots (peeled and diced small)
4 Celery Stalks (diced small)
1 Medium White Onion (diced small)
3 qt. Chicken Stock (stock or bone broth bring more flavor than broth)
Drizzle of Olive Oil
Salt/Pepper (to taste)
1-2 Tablespoons Fresh Garlic (additional powdered garlic can be added to taste)
1 lb. Wide Egg Noodles (cook and set aside to add into the soup)
Special Ingredient: Generous Sprinkle of Curry Powder! My Granny always added it to her soup, it adds a delicious flavor and warmth to the soup!
- Dice and prepare all ingredients above. In a stock pot of dutch oven, drizzle 1 tablespoons of olive oil and add your fresh garlic. Stir consistently until lightly browned. Add 2-3 tablespoons of butter and melt completely (do not burn).
- Add in onion, celery and carrots. Stir consistently until they start to breakdown (2- 3 minutes).
- Add Seasoning (salt, pepper, additional garlic powder and curry powder) and mix well.
- Add Chicken Stock and bring to boil.
- Add in shredded chicken and any liquid you cooked the chicken with for flavor.
- Cover and turn down heat. You want to keep it at a small boil but be careful not to boil over.
- Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Serve with pasta and soup mixture! Enjoy!
Insta Pot: Add Chicken Breast, season lightly with salt, pepper, garlic powder and a little bit of liquid (chicken stock or water). Cook for 30-40 minutes on the poultry setting. Once it is done, shred and add to the soup mixture.
Crock Pot: use direction above but add to crock pot on high setting for 4 hours.
**You can also use Rotisserie Chicken. Shred and add!
Wide Egg Noodles:
Whenever you are adding pasta to soups, I always recommend boiling separately and then adding it the bowls when you dish it. Pasta will remain firm and will not absorb all of your soup liquid.