We are officially into October and there are pumpkins everywhere! I am a huge pumpkin fan, so these cookies made my heart so happy! They are so simple to make and the flavors are awesome. Very similar to a pumpkin chocolate chip bread, just in a cookie form! I have had this recipe for a long time and bring it out at the start of fall every year. Beware- I eat a dozen myself last time I made these! Make some heart happy and surprise them with a bag of these little nuggets from heaven!
1 1/2 cup Butter Room Temperature
2 cups brow sugar (packed)
1 cup white sugar
1 can pumpkin purée (15 oz.)
4 cup whole wheat flour (white is ok)
2 cup oats
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
1 Tablespoons Cinnamon
2 Tablespoons Baking Soda
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1 bag Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips of choice. I prefer a darker chocolate.
Pinch of Salt
1. First preheat your oven to 375 degrees
2. Add the butter, sugar, egg, vanilla and pumpkin together and cream this mixture.
3. Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and mix together. Slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients.
4. Add chocolate chips and give one last mix.
5. Using a small cookie scoop, arrange scooped mixture 2 inches apart on a parchment lined cookie sheet. These cookies tend to stay small and do not spread.
6. Bake for 8 minutes in a 375 degree oven and then cook on a cooling rack.