Peach season is one of my favorites. It is such a sweet fruit that it make for a perfect dessert! As my little Novella bug would say every time she sees a peach… Mama’s Famous Peach Cobbler is my favorite! For this years back to school treat, I opted for a fresh peach cobbler. The Palisade Peaches here in Colorado are everywhere and they are absolutely delicious right now!
Here is my go to recipe. Once you make it I think you will agree with Miss. Novella and think it is amazing!
20 Fresh Peaches
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 cup of softened butter *not melted
1 1/2 cup oatmeal
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel, Pit and Slice up all the peaches
- Add Corn Starch, Lemon Juice, Cinnamon and Sugar to the Peach mixture. If your Peaches are really sweet, cut back on the sugar mixture.
- Add peaches to your desired baking dish. I typically use a 9×12 ceramic baking dish
- In a mixing bowl add all of the “crumble topping” ingredients and mix until consistency is crumbly.
- Add topping to the top of the peaches.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes and enjoy! Tastes delicious on it own or A la mode!