I am such a breakfast person! I love waffles with home made whipped cream and fresh peaches, scones, bagels, yummy egg sandwiches… however, my very favorite breakfast is an omelet! When I am traveling, if there is a breakfast buffet with an omelet bar SIGN ME UP! They truly are an all time fav!
When I am home, it is pretty unlikely that I will be busting out my omelet bar skills! On any given morning, we are running in a million different directions and I typically only have time for a protein shake! That was until I started making these delicious omelet inspired egg muffins. Think omelet on the go!!
These little muffins can be created however you would like, the options for toppings are endless and are a very healthy option on the go!
Here is our go to muffin recipe…
2 Dozen Large Eggs (Prefer Organic Brown Eggs)
Salt and Pepper Eggs to taste
2 cups Diced Ham
3 Chopped Bell Peppers
1 cup chopped spinach
1 finely chopped jalapeño
1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
**Keep in mind you can add as much or as little as you like! This is just a starting point. This will make 24 egg muffins. Each egg muffin contains 1 egg.
Lets get things prepped!
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Lightly spray muffin tins. You will need 24 muffin tins, however, you can do this in two batches.
- Crack and whisk 24 eggs with salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Add all toppings into the BOTTOM of the muffin pan. (excluding cheese) This is where you can add the amount you would like!
- Use a small ladle and scoop the whisked eggs into the muffin tin. Do not over fill more than 3/4 full. They will rise up larger!
- Sprinkle small amount of cheese on top. This will crisp up and add a little bit of creamy-ness however not much is needed unless you are a cheese lover!
Now is the time to bake!
- Place muffin tins in 350 degree oven for approx. 20 minutes. This will vary based on your muffin tins, the amount of egg mixture and your oven. You will want to cook these until your eggs are solid but not burnt!
- Once the centers are firm remove and let them cool on a cooling rack!
These will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 7 days. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds and enjoy a warm omelet on the go! These are great breakfast, snacks and awesome to pop into your kids back to school lunches! Add some sliced avocado or salsa for another mix!
Other great toppings…
Cooked and Drained Bacon or Sausage
Feta Cheese Crumbles
Cook and enjoy and make sure you post your pictures on Instagram tagging @beyondbeyondblogger
Michelle Kaiser says
Love you!! Will have to try and make these soon!!