The smell of cookies in the oven is so comforting… it immediately reminds you of your childhood. I remember my auntie making cookies all of my life. As soon as you arrive at my Granny’s house, the oven is on! The cookies start pumping out like a factory and everyone ends up eating at least a dozen. My mother also made us treats when we were home… cookies and brownies were her specialty… we loved it all! Now that I am a mama, and a sister to two grown up treat loving brothers, I instantly feel like I did something right that day when I serve my family a hot cookie from the oven. No matter the occasion, cookies are the answer! Having a bad day? A cookie will make it better. Having a celebration? Don’t worry, there is a cookie for that too! Your favorite show is on tonight? Give me 30 minutes and I will whip up some cookies. You see, what ever you are celebrating (or trying to forget) a cookie is the answer… and especially these cookies!
1/2 cup butter (room temp)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups oats
1 cup chocolate chips (or more if you like it extra chocolatey)
- Start by mixing your softened butter, both sugars and vanilla. Once this is smooth add the eggs. Mix until combined.
- Slowly add in flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- After fully combined, add oats and mix on low.
- Last, add in chocolate chips. Do a quick mix and your ready for the oven!
- Scoop mixture with a small/medium size scooper and place on a cookie sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake 8 minutes in a 350 degree oven. **Cookies will still look light, this is good! Let them cool and then enjoy! I have found that oatmeal cookies taste best when they are not over baked and still soft. Enjoy!!
Leave a Reply